OUR Vision, MISSION AND VALUES
The Powell Foundation is a catalyst for impactful initiatives that maintain and enhance the quality of life in the communities it serves. The Foundation works to ensure that all children have access to a robust, first-class public education and the support needed to develop to their full potential.
To distribute funds for public charitable purposes, principally for the encouragement and support of public education, the arts, conservation and human services, with a direct impact within the Foundation’s geographic zone of interest: i.e. Harris, Travis and Walker Counties, Texas.
To give further aid to Directors of the Foundation and to assist those requesting funds, the Directors have agreed to consideration of the following values in their evaluation and analysis:
- Integrity – maintain a high ethical standard. We are sensitive to personal biases and emphasize objectivity in decision-making.
- Respect for the individual – We seek diverse viewpoints and ideas and appreciate group process. We treat others as equals and as we would like to be treated.
- Effective Program and Group Process – We expect efficiency and effectiveness with meaningful results. We engage in and require continuous assessment, learning and improvement.
- Leadership Building – We believe in empowering individuals with the knowledge, skills and spirit to excel.
- Big Picture Thinking – We value strategic approaches, planning, collaboration and reconciling differences to leverage collective strengths. We encourage proactive and innovative strategies with the potential to foster change.